The Canadian wholesale used vehicle market saw prices remain relatively stable for the week. Prices in the pickup truck/SUV segment remained flat for the week, while the car segment edged up slightly as buyers and dealerships continued to adopt a wait-and-see approach. Overall, prices rose 0.06% for the week. The car segment increased by 0.13% and the van/SUV segment was flat compared to last week. The full-size minivan segment saw the biggest price increase of the week (0.98%), followed by minivans (0.79%).
- Overall, volume-weighted wholesale prices for used cars rose modestly for the week (0.13%).
- The premium car segment saw the largest price increase for the week (0.75%), followed by subcompact cars (0.68%) and sports cars (0.14%).
- For the 2 nd week in a row, prestige luxury cars saw the biggest drop in price (0.43%), followed by midsize cars (0.26%) and full-size cars (0.20%).
- Overall, volume-weighted wholesale prices for used pickup trucks/SUVs were flat for the week (0.00%).
- For the 2 nd week in a row, commercial vehicles saw the largest price increase, with the price of vans and compact vans increasing by 0.98% and 0.79% respectively, followed by vans (+0.75 %).
- The pickup truck segment continues to see wholesale prices decline, while the compact pickup truck segment saw prices decline by 0.75% and the full-size pickup truck segment saw prices decline by 0.67%.